Awards & Recognitions
- Dr. Jaya N Surya, Principal Scientist received ‘Outstanding Scientist Award” from Society of Tropical Agriculture in 10th International Conference on Agriculture, Horticulture and food Sciences -2019 held at New Delhi.
- Dr. Ritu Nagdev, Scientist received the “Bharat Ratna Indira Gandhi Gold Medal Award” by Global Economic Progress & Research Association (GEPRA), New Delhi for Excellence in her respective field on the occasion of 70th National Unity Conference on Individual Achievements & National Development held at Bengaluru.
- Shri G.K. Sharma was awarded Young Scientist Award from DST-SERB, Govt. of India for attending 9th International conference on Algae Biomass, Biofuels and Bio products from 17th to 19th June 2019 held at Boulder CO, USA.
- Dr. Chandrakala, Scientist received Bharath Rathna Abdul Kalam Gold Medal Award by the Global Economic Progress and Research Association, New Delhi in National unityConference held on October 19th 2019 at Chennai.
- Dr. Chandrakala, scientist received Bharath Rathna Indira Gandhi Gold Medal Award by the Global Economic Progress and Research Association, New Delhi Conference held on March 9th 2019 at Bangalore on the Occasion of International Women’s Day.
- Dr. R. Srinivasan, scientist received Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Life Time Achievement National Award-2019 by International Institute for Social and Economic Reforms (R), Bangalore for Teaching, Research & Publications under theme of Agriculture held at ADA Ranga Mandira, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Dr. R.Srinivasan, scientist received Bharat Ratna Indira Gandhi Gold Medal Award-2019 by Global Economic Progress & Research Association, India held on 9th March 2019 at Hotel Sanctum, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- ICAR nominated Dr. S.K. Ray, Principal Scientist & Head as member of the Institute Management Committee (IMC) of the ICAR-NBSS&LUP, Nagpur for three years with effect from 10.06.2018 to 09.06.2021.
- Bureau awarded by Best Annual Report Award for the year 2017-18. India held on 9th March 2019 at Hotel Sanctum, Bangalore, Karnataka. Awarded with Outstanding scientist Award in 42nd foundation day of NBSS&LUP, Nagpur on 27th Aug.2018
- Dr. (Mrs.). Jaya Niranjane Surya, Principal Scientist received “Rashtriya Gaurav Award” and Certificate of Excellence for the services rendered for the livelihood security of farming community from “India International Friendship Society”, New Delhi on 04 December 2018.
- Dr. Dharumarajan. S was awarded with Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam Achievement National Award by International Institute for Social and Economic Reforms (R), Bangaluru on 2nd June 2018
- Roomesh Kumar Jena, Scientist was awarded the Director’s Special Award at the Bureau’s 42nd Foundation Day on 27.08.2018.
- Dr. S.K. Mahapatra, Principal Scientist received “Gold Medal Award” in 27th National Conference on Sustainable management of soil and water resources from doubling farmers’ income during October 25-27, 2018, held at Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat, Assam.
- Dr. S.K. Mahapatra, Principal Scientist, Regional Centre Delhi received “Outstanding Scientist Award – 2018” at the 42nd Foundation Day of the Bureau on 27.08.2018.
- Dr. S.K. Singh, Director awarded by Prof. Sushil Kumar Mukherjee Commemoration award lecture covering topic on Making agriculture sustainable in India in 106th Indian Science Congress Association at Lovely Professional University Jalandhar during 3-7 January 2019.
- Dr. S.K. Singh, Director awarded by Rula international Award : Rula Innovation and Betterment Excellence Award, Noble Scientist in Gep-informatics, by IJRULA
- Dr. G.P. Obi Reddy was awarded “Outstanding Scientist in Remote Sensing and GIS (2018)” (RULA Innovation & Betterment Excellence Award) by IJRULA, Trichy, Tamil Nadu.
- Dr. Ritu Nagdev, Scientist received Institute Award “Outstanding Young Scientist Award – 2018” at the 42nd Foundation Day of the Bureau on 27.08.2018.
- Dr. Srinivasan was conferred with Bharat Ratna Indira Gandhi Gold Medal Award-2019” by Global Economic Progress & Research Association,
- Invited by International Union of soil science- GlobalsoilMap working group to attend the 2019 Joint Workshop for Digital Soil Mapping and Global Soil Map held in Santiago, Chile, from 12 to 16 March 2019.
- Dr. Ritu Nagdev, Scientist, Regional Centre, Delhi elected as “Treasurer” of the The Clay Minerals Society of India in its General Body Meeting held on September 14. 2018 at NITTR, Kolkata.
- Prasenjit Ray, Scientist of the Regional Centre, Jorhat received the ‘Commendation Award’ from the Indian Society of Soil Science (ISSS), New Delhi for the presentation of Doctoral research at the 82nd Annual convention of the Society held at Amity University, Kolkata during 11-14th December, 2017.
- Dharam Singh, Senior Scientist received “Bharat Ratan Dr. Abdul Kalam Gold Mendal Award” by Global Economic Progressive Research Association (GEPRA), at No.101, Mundy Street, Thiruvannamalai- 606 601 Tamilnadu, India, for excellence in his field & individual achievements to National Economic Growth.
- Dr Jaya N. Surya, Principal Scientist received “Outstanding Scientist Award” on Foundation Day of ICAR- NBSS&LUP, on 06.09.2017 at ICAR- NBSS&LUP, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- ICAR awarded Dwitiya Puraskar of Rajarshi Tondon Rajbhasha Puraskar for outstanding work in Hindi during 2016-17.
- Nagar Rajbhasaha Karyanvayan Samiti, Nagpur awarded Tritiya Puraskar for publication of Hindi magazine Dharati during 2015-16.
- Nagar Rajbhasaha Karyanvayan Samiti, New Delhi awarded Dwitiya Puraskar for Outstanding work in Hindi during 2015-16.
- The Regional Centre, Jorhat has received Hindi excellence award from Town Official Language Implementation Committee (TOLIC), Jorhat for the year 2015-16 on 17th February, 2017.
- Dr. T.K. Sen, Principal scientist, Division of LUP has been awarded for “Reviewer Excellence Award – as reviewer of Indian Journal of Agricultural Research and Legume Research – An International Journal”.
- Dr. S.K Mahapatra, Principal Scientist, Regional Centre Delhi have been awarded with “Fellow of CMSI” for the year 2016
- Dr. Jaya N. Surya received ‘Loksurya Puraskar-2016 –“Loksurya Mrudagandha Award” from Loksurya Multipurpose Society , Nagpur on 09-10-2016 at Nagpur,
- Dr. S. Dharumarajan and Dr. S. Bandyopadhyay, Scientists received outstanding young scientist and outstanding scientist award.
- Dr. (Mrs) Nisha Sahu received the Bharat Jyoti Award by India International Friendship Society, New Delhi.
- Jigdish Prasad, Principal Scientist and In-Charge,Head, Division of Soil Resource Studied Studies elected as President, Indian Society of Soil Science for two years 2015 – 2016.
- Inducted as Fellow of Indian Association of Soil Conservation Society of India,New Delhi.
- Conferred Special Honour Award by Soil Conservation Society of India,New Delhi.
- A Member, Institute Management Committee of CICR,Nagpur.
- S.K. Mahapatra, Principal Scientist,Regional Centre,Delhi was elected as President of Section of Agriculture & Forestry Science of the 102nd Session of Indian Science Congress for 2014 – 2015 and also as a Member of Council of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA).
- A. Chaturvedi received “Leadership Award 2014” presented by Soil Conservation Society of India, New Delhi at the International Conference on “Natural Resource Management for Framing Systems and Rural Livelihood” held during 10 – 13 Feb,2015 at New Delhi.
- G.P Obi Reddy, Principal Scientist, Division of Remote Sensing Application received ‘National Geospatial Award for Excellence 2013’ by Indian Society of Remote Sensing for his significant contributions in Application of Geo-spatial Technologies.
- The Bureau has bagged the ‘Rajarshi Tandon Award – 2015’ for best Official language Implementation among the ICAR Institute in ‘B’ Region. It got this award for second time.
- Dharti – 2013 Hindi House Magazine got first special Consolation Prize in the category of “Outstanding Hindi House Magazine” in the Annual Hindi Award Function organized by Town Official Language Implementation Committee, Official Language Implementation Committee, Official Language Department, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt.of India.
- Tapas Bhattacharyya, Principal Scientist and Head Division of Soil Studies (SRS) was inducted as Fellow of the Clay Minerals Society of India for his outstanding contribution in the field of Clay Research at the 18th Annual Convention of Society on 27th September, 2013.
- Jagdish Prasad Principal Scientist was inducted as Fellow of Indian Society of Soil Science, New Delhi during 78th Annual Convention of Indian Society of Soil Science (26-29 Octomber,2013) held at CAZRI, Jodhpur.
- Jagdish Prasad delivered 24th Dr.S.P.Raychaudhauri Memorial Lecture organized by Dapoli Chapter of ISSS at Dr.BSKKV,Dapoli,Maharashtra on 9th October 2013.
- Jagdish Prasad, Inducted as Fellow of Indian Association of Soil and Water Conservationists, Dehradun for 2013 during Conference on Farmer’s First for conservation soil and water resource (22-24 March 2014) held at CSWCRIT, Dehradun.
- Pramod Tiwary, Scientist (SG), Division of Soil Resource Studies has been appointed as an Adjunct Lecture in the School of Land and Food, at the University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia for the period from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2016.
- Dipak Sarkar, Director and Dr. S.K. Singh, Principal Scientist and Head received “Shriram Fertilizer Award 2012” by FAI, New Delhi for the outstanding work for Web and Mobile based Farmer’s Advisory for the State of West Bengal.
- Jagdish Prasad has been awarded “Special Research Award, 2012” in recognition of his outstanding contribution in the field of soil and water conservation for the benefit of agriculture in the country by Soil Conservation Society of India, New Delhi.
- Roshan R. Wakode, a Ph.D. (LRM) student working under the guidance of Dr. Jagdish Prasad has been awarded Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies (Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund).
- Rajeev Srivastava, Pr. Scientist & Head, Division of Remote Sensing Applications was nominated as Member, Institute Management Committee (IMC) of NBSS&LUP, Nagpur for the period, 31-10-2011 to 30-01-2014 and CSSRI, Karnal for the period from 5-12-2011 to 4-12- 2014 by the ICAR.
- T. Bhattacharyya was nominated as a member of the Editorial Board of the Indian Society of Soil Science, New Delhi.
- Jagdish Prasad, Principal Scientist was nominated as an expert in the State Project Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (SPSMC) of Chhattisgarh by Dr. S. Ayyappan, Hon’ble Secretary, DARE and Director General, ICAR.
- S.K. Mahapatra, Principal Scientist was elected as Vice President, Indian Society of Soil Survey and Land Use Planning for the years 2011 and 2012.
- Jagdish Prasad, Principal Scientist was elected Vice-President, Indian Society of Soil Science for 2012-13.
- Jagdish Prasad, Principal Scientist was nominated as a Member of the Editorial Board, Indian Society of Soil Science for 2012-13.
- A.K.Sahoo, Principal Scientist has been elected as a Fellow of the National Environmental Science Academy (NESA), New Delhi during the year 2010.
- K. D. Sah, Senior Scientist has been elected a Fellow of the Institution of Chemists (India) during the year 2010.
- T. N. Hajare received Senior Scientist Gold Medal Award 2010 in appreciation of the research contribution for advancement of scientific knowledge in the field of bio informatics and life sciences on 13th December, 2010 during IIIrd International Consortium of contemporary Biologists and Madhawi-Shyam Educational Trust, Ranchi, Jharkhand organized by ICBRD &NRMCU-10.
- Jagdish Prasad was nominated as Member on the Institute Management Committee of National Institute of Abiotic Stress Management (ICAR), Malegaon, Baramati, Pune for a period of three years w.e.f. 04.10.2010 to 03. 10 .2013
- Jagdish Prasad was nominated as Member in the Editorial Board (2010-2011) of Indian Society of Soil Science, New Delhi.
- Jagdish Prasad was appointed as a member on the Board of Studies in Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry, Banaras Hindu University for a period of two years with effect tow 24.07. 2010.
- Dipak Sarkar, Director, NBSS & LUP, Nagpur has been honored with SCSI Special Award 2009 for outstanding leadership on Soils and Agricultural Sciences towards Land Resources Research, Mapping and Planning at national level by Soil Conservation Society of India (SCSI), New Delhi
- D.K. Pal, Principal Scientist & Head, has been elected as Fellow of the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, New Delhi in the year 2010
- Dipak Sarkar, Director, NBSS&LUP has been elected as a Fellow of the “Indian Society of Agricultural Chemists, Allahabad” for his meritorious contribution towards Indian Agriculture in general and Soil Science in particular
- S.K. Ray, Principal Scientist has been elected Fellow of the Maharashtra Academy of Sciences in the field of Agricultural Sciences in the year 2009.
- A.K.Sahoo has been elected as a fellow of the Institution of Chemists (India) during December 2009.
2008 – 09
2007 – 08
- The ICAR Awards for outstanding Interdisciplinary Team research in Agriculture and Allied Science for Biennium 2005–2006 is presented to Dr. Tapas Bhattacharyya, Dr.D.K.Pal, Dr.P.Chandran, Dr S.K.Ray,Dr.(Mrs.)C.Mandal,Dr.S.P. Wani and Dr.M.V.Venugopalan for their outstanding research contribution in Natural Resources Management.
- Dipak Sarkar,Principal,Scientist, and Head Regional Center, Kolkata was selected as “Fellow of Indian Society of Coastal Agricultural Research (FISCAR),2007.
- A.K.Maji,Acting Director was awarded with a “Gold Medal” on 12thFebruary2008 by Soil Conservation Society of India for his outstanding contributions in natural resource management and development.
- P.Chandran, Senior Scientist,Division of Soil Resource Studies was selected as “Fellow of Maharashtra Academy of Studies (FMAS)” in 2007 for his contribution to agricultural and rural engineering.
- V.Ramamurthy,Senior Scientist (Agronomy)was conferred with ICAR award “Swami SahajanandaSaraswati Extension Scientist award” for biennium 2004 – 06 for natural resource management.
- G.P.Obi Reddy,Scientist (Senior Scale) has received “Indian National Geospatial Award -2007” from Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Dehradun in recognition of his significant contributions in design and development of geospatial soil databases and research contributions in use of geospatial technologies in natural resource management.
- L.G.K.Naidu,Principal Scientist,Regional Center,Bangalore received “Best sugarcane Research” citation from K.J.Somaiya Institute of Applied Agriculture Research, Karnataka.
2006 – 07
2005 – 06
- UtpalBaruah,Head,Regional Center Jorhat was nominated as a Member of Institute Management Committee of ICAR Research Complex for NEH Regional,Meghalaya.
- A.K.Sahoo,Sr.Scientist,Regional Centre Kolkata has been conferred ‘Scientist of the Year 2005’ award from the National Environmental Science Academy,New Delhi.
- Sunanda Lade,Asstt.,Hqrts,Nagpur has won Gold Medal in Chess held at CSSRI,Karnal organized under ICAR staff Interzonal Sports competition during October 2005.
- Dipak Sarkar was elected as President of Indian Society of Soil Science,Kolkata Chapter for the year 2004-05 and 2005-06.
- Dipak Sarkar was elected as President of Agricultural and Forestry Science Section for 2005 – 2006,93rd Session of Indian Science Congress association,ANGRAU,Hyderabad.
- T.Battacharayya elected as Fellow of Maharashtra Academy of Science,Pune 2003.
- Dipak Sarkar: Fellow of the Indian Society of Soil Science,New Delhi 2003.
- T.Bhattacharyya,Senior Scientist,Division of SRS,NBSS & LUP,Nagpur was awarded the 12th International Commemoration Award for year 2002 by the Indian Society of Soil Science,New Delhi at JNKVV,Jabalpur,Madhya Pradesh for his outstanding research work.
- D.K. Pal has been elected Fellow of the Indian Society of Soil Science, New Delhi for the year 2001.
- D. Sarkar, Principal Scientist and Head, has been awarded “Fellow of West Bengal Academy of Science and Technology”
- Jagdish Prasad has been elected as Fellow of United Writers Association(FUWA),Chennai.